Besides the shape of the swimming pool itself, the finishing of the swimming pool, especially in choosing the floor and walls of the swimming pool is also a parameter of the beauty of a swimming pool. Several factors affect the beauty of a swimming pool. Adding materials in the area in the swimming pool, and so on.
Today I will add one of the factors that can support the beauty of the swimming pool. This is related to choosing floors and walls as needs in finishing the swimming pool.
Finishing the internal surface of the swimming pool is not solely to protect the concrete construction of the swimming pool. But it can be the main attraction for many people. There are generally five types of conventional swimming pool internal surface finishing.
Of the five types of finishing materials, all have their advantages and disadvantages. For more details, let’s see the advantages and disadvantages of these materials, as your reference in finishing swimming pools.
5 Types of Floor and Wall Materials for Finishing Swimming Pools
1. Finishing Using Ceramic
You can found ceramic in swimming pools, the use of finishing swimming pools like this is popular.
- Easy to find at the nearest ceramic shop.
- The choice of ceramics is very diverse.
- Installation work is quite fast and can cut installation costs.
- In addition to the cheaper installation costs, ceramic materials are also quite affordable compared to other finishes.
- It is easier to break than mosaic, this is because ceramics are not produced for swimming pools that must accommodate water loads of up to tens of tons.
- It is very common, for those of you who have often encountered swimming pools, of course, you will feel bored if the swimming pool looks ordinary.
- If the ceramic grout starts to erode, the ceramic side is quite dangerous for swimmers. You may have experienced such a scratch/cut after swimming in a public swimming pool. The incision was most likely due to contact with swimming pool tiles whose grout had begun to erode. The sharp side of the ceramic will be visible, this is because most types of ceramic do not have a thick anti-scratch layer on the ceramic side.
The conclusion, using ceramic finishing is quite common. For you who want a swimming pool with a standard budget, but don’t want to be too bothered in maintaining it, this tile can be a good choice.
2. Finishing Using Mosaic
Finishing using mosaics has begun to be widely used, especially for private swimming pools. Mosaic has a smaller size than ceramic. Mosaic sizes start from 2 cm to 7.5 cm per piece.
Mosaic consists of several pieces made together with other pieces. The mosaic pieces are held together using a net at the bottom. You can also use green sukabumi stone to make your swimming pool more beautiful.
- The design looks more luxurious and elegant because the ceramic material is coated with a fairly thick anti-scratch. This scratch-resistant coating can also make it more beautiful because it has a better light reflection than ceramic finishing.
- Mosaic pieces are not easy to break, the process of making mosaics is quite complicated and uses good materials. Mosaic material almost resembles porcelain which is known to have better resistance than ordinary ceramics.
- Not easy to dull, the anti-scratch is thick enough to better protect the mosaic pattern for a long period from corrosion attacks by swimming pool drugs.
- Mosaics are expensive because the material process is quite complicated and the distribution in each area.
- Installation of mosaics costs more because mosaic pieces create more gaps than large tiles.
- Installation takes longer than ceramic because it requires more accuracy. After all, the mosaic is a sheet that is a combination of mosaic pieces.
The conclusion, finishing using mosaics costs more than using ceramic finishing, but it is comparable to the final result and quality provided.
For those of you, who prioritize beauty, are modern, and easy to maintain, you can use green sukabumi stone. Green sukabumi stone is the best stone tile for your swimming pool. For more information about green sukabumi stone, you can check at the green sukabumi stone supplier.
Finishing Using Natural Stone
Finishing using natural stone is usually used in swimming pools that have a traditional impression. Finishing like this is quite popular in certain areas such as Bali which is famous for its culture and art.
- Look more character and artistic. A swimming pool that is finished using natural stone will create its beauty for some people.
- Surface finishing of natural stone that is treated well, has a porous texture that makes the surface of the swimming pool floor less slippery compared to finishing using other materials.
- Installation of natural stone does not require grout between natural stone gaps, of course, can reduce your expenses.
- Installation of natural stone is difficult enough than finishing with other materials. Based on our experience, the shape of natural stone is not completely square. Natural stone must be re-cut to make your swimming pool less beautiful.
- Treatment of swimming pools that use natural stone finishing is more difficult. This is because the surface or elevation of the rock that is not completely flat will complicate the swimming pool maintenance process.
In conclusion, finishing using natural stone prioritizes artistic style as its attraction. For those of you who have an artistic concept residence and want to have a swimming pool, this finishing can be the right choice.
Finishing Using Stone Brush
Finishing a swimming pool like this is less popular in Indonesia, but it is very popular in western countries which carry the concept of a house with a fairly large back garden, this finishing uses small pebbles as a concrete surface coating.
- A collection of pebbles can create a unique and non-slip texture.
- Create a luxurious and natural impression of your swimming pool.
- It takes more time and accuracy in the installation of this type of finishing.
- There is a possibility that the installed gravel can be released during the swimming pool vacuum process.
- Easier for small cracks to form which can result in the release of gravel or even a pool leak.
In conclusion, finishing using brush stone is quite luxurious, considering that the funds that must be spent are also quite large and require precision in the process. For those of you who have a fairly large backyard garden, this finishing is very suitable, because it has a natural character.
Finishing Using Vinyl
Made from PVC, vinyl almost has the same fate as brush stone finishing, this finishing does not get a response in Indonesia, in contrast to the European and American continents, this finishing is quite popular.
- It is easy and fast to install.
- The cheapest material compared to other finishes.
- There are many patterns and colors for you to choose from.
- Colors fade more easily than other finishes.
- Looks cheap and less attractive if you look closely.
The conclusion, finishing using vinyl is the best if you want a swimming pool with a minimal budget, about the choice of patterns, this finishing can also be relied on because its application is relatively easy. For those of you who are looking for a swimming pool stone, you can buy it at stonedepot.co.id
Adjust the concept of your swimming pool with the environment around the pool to make it look beautiful. In addition, consider the advantages and disadvantages.
Thus my review this time, regarding several finishing options for your swimming pool. Hope it’s useful for you